- Doberman Pinscher
DNA Panel Testing for Doberman Pinscher
One sample per dog - Several DNA Services
- vWD von Willebrand's Disease
- DCM Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Color genes that cause red, dilute or fawn
- DNA Profile
In cooperation with Dr Kathryn Meurs, Washington State University (WSU) and the Veterinary Cardiac Genetics Lab, VetGen is now offering the Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) test for the Doberman Pinscher.
SIMPLE SAMPLE SUBMISSION
This same sample can also be tested for the b gene (red), the d gene (blue, fawn), and DNA Profiling. Just mention these service(s) and include the additional payment when submitting the vWD/DCM DNA samples. (Contact VetGen for pricing).
vWD and color tests have a 2 week turnaround. DCM has approximately a 4 week turnaround time
- vWD test only - $95.00 per dog
- DCM test only - $75.00 per dog
- vWD & DCM - $153.00 per dog
vWD and DCM test results may also be voluntarily submitted to The Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) through VetGen toward obtaining a CHIC number for your Doberman. Registration may be ordered when submitting DNA samples or after you have received your test result reports.
- $7.50 per disease test registered, a 50% discount
- No need to fill out an OFA application
- All data and fees are sent to OFA by VetGen
- (Please make OFA fee payment checks payable to VetGen, not OFA)